Make sure your scene is defined correctly, since this scene contains no dynamic content it should be saved as a “Replace” scene. There are 2 Icons that could appear to the right of your scene name:
- Replace – Paintbrush
- ColMask – “+” sign
Here our scene was in ColMask(1) for coloring, now we change it to Replace(2). You’ll notice an error message(3), warning you about changing modes. It is OK to switch non dynamic content scenes from ColMask to Replace mode.
Our scene should now be in “Replace” mode and ready for a keyframe.
- Keyframe – Basically it is a new hash tag that will trigger an effect on the table – changing palette, masking a scene with new colors or replacing original content with new content. (colors or redraws)
We need to select the Recording where we cut the scene from and find the first frame.
*- This is where the bookmarks we made come in handy!
First off you’ll notice some things right off the bat which may seem confusing.
- Remember I drew in the missing dots to “finish” the left ear of Batman’s cowl and now they are gone?
- We already colored the scene in shades of blue and now it’s red and grey?
What’s happening is fine, essentially the Recordings are the original content taken from the table and will never change. This is why we cut scenes and edit them to add our content, which is what we are going to do.
*-If you notice the palette which is currently selected, this is where the red and grey are coming from.
Let’s create our keyframe:
- Check a hashtag, you should have two options, these represent the different planes you can trigger.
- Identify your scene in the drop down menu
- Hit the Color Scene button
You should now have your first keyframe and it should automatically rename itself from your bookmark.
*- Another reason to setup your bookmarks in the beginning!
Because we are replacing the original content with our own (colors and drawings) we only need to keyframe the first frame of the scene. The scene is played back whenever the keyframe appears.
Now we are ready to take you to the next level :